Old 09-10-2007, 11:10 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] helene@urbed.coop is offline

Default My Dog Keeps Killing My Lawn

On 9 Oct, 10:37, "Uncle Marvo"
wrote:
I am reliably? informed that you haven't got a dog, you've got a bitch.
Apparently dogs don't have that effect.
You could swap the bitch for a dog.
[expects some rude comments]

Hehehe! How could I. I've never had a 'dog' but always had bitches. I
just couldn't comment ;o)

Nah ... George and Sacha got it all in one - mix the two advices
together and you'll get results.

I've trained two of our 4 bitches to pee on command, but didn't
managed with two, incidentally a mum and her daughter. I think it was
something to do with their 'jeans'. Unfortunately, one, Matilda and my
favorite one, by 4 months old had substituted the word 'pee' with the
word 'been'. No kidding - it took a dog trainer friend to point this
out. When I arrived home I used to say to Matilda 'Have you 'been' a
good girl?' and this would cue her to pee on my shoes whilst jumping
up and down in frantic greetings. We don't know why and when she
started understanding that 'been' was 'pee'. My friend made me say the
same sentence randomly, and Matilda would crouch and pee. However, she
now pees on command to another word, pipi, but it took a lot of work
to achieve this.