Old 15-11-2007, 06:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Davy Davy is offline

Default OK if apples are frozen on the tree?

I have a young Winter Gem dessert apple which has produced a few fruits.
They have not fallen off the tree and so to add a bit of late autumn colour
to the garden I have left them on the tree.

How late can I leave apples on the tree? For instance what if there is a
sharp frost and the apples are frozen - are they then only good for cooking?
( I Googled 'frozen apples' and was advised by several sites to coat the
apples in syrup before freezing - but I don't fancy doing that in the
garden).

Any one had experience of this?

Davy