Old 30-11-2007, 06:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Marco Schwarz Marco Schwarz is offline

Default chilli pepper house plant "Apache" advice

Hi..

Bob Hobden wrote:

I am not alone in finding that trying to keep chilli plants going through
our winter a thankless task, yes I know they are perennial plants but they
don't like our winters even in a heated greenhouse, if you succeed well
done.

Here in the cold but frost-free conservatory in northern direction the
ornamental pepper (an orange fruiting Italian variety) and an unknown red
fruiting sort of C. frutescens do well..

My problem child is another one _indoors_ kept C. frutescens, that's a
magnet of/for aphids and whiteflies..

I grow fresh plants every year for planting out on the allotment.
"Thai Dragon" is my preferred variety.

Well too hot to me, and in my mind too _less_ flavour.. ;-)

--
cu
Marco, an unconvincable supporter of good old European sorts..