Old 03-12-2007, 07:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Broadback Broadback is offline

Default Septic Tank: how often to clean?

'Mike' wrote:
Eddy please email me at mikeATrneba.org.uk changing AT for @ and noting 'r'
and 'n' which looks like 'm'

I regret that septic tanks are rather like cars, wallpaper, fashions,
colours etc etc etc.All are different.

I had Septic Tank which certainly DID NOT conform to the posts you have had
so far and my neighbour had one different again to mine.

You need to describe just what sort of tank you have. We cleared ours out
about every 3/4 years, our neighbour, because of the construction and system
of his tank NEVER had it emptied in the 20 years I knew of him.

Kind regards

Mike

How big is the average septic tank? Not that big I think. It will
become "full" quite quickly, however the surplus will drain off with no
harm, assuming it is well designed. Why should it need to be emptied,
if when full I think you would have to do it every few weeks?