Old 09-12-2007, 08:19 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Omelet Omelet is offline

Default Anyone try to grow Chia Seeds?

In article ,
RF wrote:

Might be best as an outdoor plant?

Thanks Guys for the responsees.

I did a little digging this morning and found that the chia has grown
wild as far north as Mondocino county in CA.
I live in Sonoma. right next door, so it appears I am in the right
place. Very important, once it starts to grow it
needs no more water.

There is lots of info at the link:

http://www.gardenguides.com/plants/p....asp?symbol=SA
CO6

Good planting and even better eating :-)

RF

Yes, that is where I saw it. In California. :-)

We used to live there.
--
Peace, Om

Remove - (dash) to validate gmail.

"Human nature seems to be to control other people until they put their foot down." -- Steve Rothstein