Old 10-12-2007, 05:39 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Don H3 Don H3 is offline

Default Anyone try to grow Chia Seeds?

On Dec 9, 9:51 am, Omelet wrote:
In article
,
Don H3 wrote:

On Dec 8, 8:12 pm, RF wrote:
Hi All,

These are very nutritious seeds, loaded with omega-3s, etc and very
expensive to buy - locally (California) about $1/ounce.
Visitwww.wikipedia.organdtype chia to get lots of info.

I would like to know of your experiences in growing, harvesting and
storing them.

TIA

RF

Yeah I bought 2 CHIA Herb Gardens last winter. They grew exactly
as the instructions said they would. At first. Then they died.

[...]

I've seen Chia growing in the wild.

Might be best as an outdoor plant?
--
Peace, Om

Remove - (dash) to validate gmail.

"Human nature seems to be to control other people until they put their foot down." -- Steve Rothstein

Urkle. (Removing foot from mouth)

I misconstrued the question as a sneaky advertisement for the "brand"
name CHIA, and had no idea there is an actual plant by that name...
(Californian I am not)

[ "Ethnobotanic: Chia, the Spanish name for Salvia columbariae, is
a plant
[ of great economic importance to many Native American tribes in
California..."

.... Apologies all~~