Old 11-12-2007, 06:48 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Omelet Omelet is offline

Default Anyone try to grow Chia Seeds?

In article ,
doofy wrote:

Omelet wrote:
Predating the Chia Pet craze by decades,

That ancient? eg

Predated the "Craze". Not the item, evidently.

Just messing with ya. ;-)

and there
were grooves all around where his hair would be, to put the seeds in.
Don't know what seeds were supplied.

Chia. g

Dunno. I was a tyke. I seem to remember that the whole head was
unglazed, but, I can't really remember a detail like that.

Mom had her chia pet in the late 60's, early 70's.

Did she get it from Doctor Who? Could you imagine a Dahlek as a chia pet?

lol!!!

We used to watch Dr. Who on Sundays when we lived in Colorado.
It'd run 5 episodes, 2 1/2 hour special.

We made Bean and Cheese nachos and Margaritas.

sigh

Wonderful memory...

I miss my mom.
--
Peace, Om

Remove - (dash) to validate gmail.

"Human nature seems to be to control other people until they put their foot down." -- Steve Rothstein