Old 04-02-2008, 08:48 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Omelet[_4_] Omelet[_4_] is offline

Default Using pet rabbit manure as compost

In article
,
Sarah Still wrote:

I have a large cage of 12 rabbits, who spend a good deal of time
pooping. The dirty soil and hay mixture needs to be turned out every
once in a while, and I wondered if this manure/soil/hay mixture could
be used as an enriching compost for my herb garden. Would the pH of
the manure, diluted with potting soil, be suitable for herbs?

Be careful with rabbit compost.
It tends to be acidic.

Always compost it for at least a year.
--
Peace, Om

"Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have
come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
-- Mark Twain