Old 18-02-2008, 09:32 PM posted to rec.gardens
WPB WPB is offline

Default Deer eating my Hick's yew trees

Thanks so much for your time and trouble. Well, the fencing would be
expensive and ruin the look of my backyard. As for venison, I'd love it,
but the deer would have to willingly commit suicide and then somehow
prepare themselves for the barbecue.

But you mention plants less desirable to deer. That might have to be the
route I go. Do you know of any bushes/shrubs that the deer would leave
alone?

Thanks again!

David

I feel your pain. I lost many plants to deer. You can...

select plants less desirable to deer,
surround the plant with protective netting or fencing,
use an electric fence,
get a watch dog,
develop a taste for venison.