Old 25-02-2008, 01:45 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Laying grass seeds

On Feb 25, 4:21*am, wibble wrote:
I was told that if you put grass seeds in a bucket of water for 24 hours
before sowing - this helps give them a helping hand . Is there any truth
in this?

--
wibble

I've heard of this practice too. However, the question I would ask
is, suppose it is of some benefit, then what? I know how to
effectively seed using dry grass seed. For example, you can very
easily and effectively do it with a slice seeder, which gets the seed
into good soil contact. How are you going to seed using a bucket of
slop?