Old 10-03-2008, 08:56 AM
Erik Johnson Erik Johnson is offline
Registered User

Default Is cat poo harmful to vegatable/human health?

Hi,

I'm pretty new to gardening and would like some advice. I having trouble with a cat using my vegatable patch to do his buisness.

I would like to know if this may be harmful if I am growing vegitables to eat.

Normally I pick them all up, but I went away on Holiday and returned to find a phenominal amount in the garden. I started to pick it all up but it started raining heavily. Now I have found it has all disappeared - dissolved into the soil.

Before I get any advice on how to stop the Cat I have already tried: Lion poo, tea bags soaked in Olbas oil, pepper, ultra sonic cat scarers, making friends with the cat and feeding him, orange peel, CDs stuck into the ground and making access difficult. My plan was now to install an outside tap and fit a motion sensor with water gun.