Old 06-04-2008, 01:14 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Pond Addict Pond Addict is offline

Default How long does a UV clarifier take?

That's interesting... My Aquaultraviolet UV said to install it just
*after* the filter, on the return...

The thing about UV is that the bulbs really need to be replaced every
year because they become ineffective, and it's really important to get
the right amount of UV for your pond size. I always oversize these
things. It's also important to have the flow high enough so that the
water is getting changed over at the correct rate too. I'm not sure of
the requirements or size limitations for the Tetra UV. 9 watts seems
really small, but maybe that's because I'm used to a larger pond.

The first thing I'd verify is that you really want to put the UV
*before* your filter. Doesn't UV kill the good bacteria? Then check
the flow requirements for the UV and the pond size limitations.

Oh, and for mine, it takes only a few days to notice a big difference.

- Dave