Old 07-04-2008, 04:38 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Hal[_1_] Hal[_1_] is offline

Default How long does a UV clarifier take?

On Sun, 6 Apr 2008 11:10:53 EDT, lawr_1
wrote:

another question though... is UV light invisible? I just found one
website saying you can monitor the light through the inlet/outlet. I
thought it was invisible. If you can see it them my clarifier is not
emitting any visible light.

Even though we use the bulb for the UV, I doubt one can be reasonably
priced that is invisible. Mine emits a blue light. I did use a small
length of clear tubing on either side of the clarifier so that I could
see if the bulb is working and it shows up well at night. The UV
bulbs are sensitive to moisture in the chamber and mine blows a bulb
at a figment of the imagination.
--
Hal Middle Georgia, Zone 8
http://tinyurl.com/2fxzcb