Old 15-04-2008, 01:49 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
Ray B Ray B is offline

Default black spots on orchids

The tiny, spherical ones look like oxalis seeds.

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
. ..
You say you were able to wipe some of these off? What I see is indents.
Are the spots soft? This looks, at first glance, like bacterial spot. Wait
for someone else to weigh in.

Are the leaves as mottled as they appear in the pictures?

Diana

"BruceM" wrote in message

Bruce
Cedar Hill Tx
South Dallas County
"BruceM" wrote in message
Posted for Rec.gardens .orchids Extremely small black dotson several
dendrobiums. They look like the osrchid was dusted with a fine black
dust.
They are rounded (reminds me of a candy sprinkle) adn very small. IN one
of
the pictures you can see the end of my first finger for comparison.

When I snapped the pictures, they did reflect the flash. That made them
look almost gunmetal in color.

What could this be? Spore pods?

--
Bruce