Old 21-04-2008, 08:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pete C[_2_] Pete C[_2_] is offline

Default How much water for tomato plants in pots?

Chris wrote:
Thanks for your advice, which sounds sensible.
Perhaps I should have an extra plant pot, with no seedling in it, for
examination of the dryness of the compost. Then I could get a finger
down deep into it.
BTW there isn't much wind in the kitchen!

Now, that is such a simple idea, I think it's brilliant. I like to think I
can water effectively, but for someone new to things like you Chris, the
spare pot is great.
--
Pete C
London UK