Old 21-04-2008, 10:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default How much water for tomato plants in pots?

Pete C writes
Chris wrote:
Thanks for your advice, which sounds sensible.
Perhaps I should have an extra plant pot, with no seedling in it, for
examination of the dryness of the compost. Then I could get a finger
down deep into it.
BTW there isn't much wind in the kitchen!

Now, that is such a simple idea, I think it's brilliant. I like to think I
can water effectively, but for someone new to things like you Chris, the
spare pot is great.

But remember that it won't dry out as quickly as the ones with plants in

--
Kay