Old 30-04-2008, 04:17 PM posted to rec.gardens
No Name

Default How to kill crepe myrtly water shoots?

I've had shoots come up from a crepe myrtle which I dug out 5 years ago.
I paint them with straight undiluted roundup and that seems to have done
the job.

Albert

Hal ) wrote:
: On Tue, 29 Apr 2008 16:31:22 -0500, Jangchub
: wrote:

: Anyone familiar with anything to stop this unwanted growth?
:
: Napthalene acetic acid? You must be joking.

: I don't think it is a joke, but I don't know if it will work, so I'm
: asking for help.
:
: Get out the pruning shears and cut them off.

: I already tried that and without that task, I have enough job
: security, just feeding goldfish and watering flower beds. Crepe
: myrtle grows well here and the shoots are close to the ground,
: clipping them in such numbers is a job almost as bad as picking butter
: beans.
: --
: Hal Middle Georgia, Zone 8
: http://tinyurl.com/2fxzcb