Old 29-04-2008, 08:24 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
R M. Watkin R M. Watkin is offline

Default What is the soap and water ratio for aphids

Hi All,

"Omelet" wrote in message
news
In article
,
Sam wrote:

I would like to use soap and water to protect the plants against
aphids. What is the recommended ratio. I was planning to use
Palmolive dish detergent.

Thanks...

Mom used tobacco tea, 4 cigarettes per pint of water.

It is not a good idea to use the above, as it is a broad spectrum
insectiside and will kill the good as well as the bad. Hope this helps you.

Richard M. Watkin.

I used ladybugs with better ongoing success. :-)
I have larvae every year now since introducing a couple of hundred of
them to the yard about 4 years ago.

Peace! Om

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a Son of a Bitch."
-- Jack Nicholson