Old 12-05-2008, 02:03 AM posted to rec.gardens
Val Val is offline

Default Year Old Bagged Mulch

"GM" wrote in message
Hi,

I have about 8 bags of Scott's Mulch (red colored) that I bought last
summer. They were extra bags tha I didn't use at that time. They have
been sitting outside in the backyard since then. Is it okay to use
them now (after about 10 months)? Could there be any problems with
mold or fungus? Would that be something clearly visible?

Thanks.

G.M.

OH ICK! AAAAKK!! Yucky, old, rotting, moldy mulch. Do NOT under any
circumstances risk your health or that of your garden by even opening those
bags. Really, I'm warning you for your own good, no matter what these other
people tell you. You must crate them up immediately and ship the whole lot
directly to me so that I can properly dispose of them for the greater good.
I am old, very old and really decrepit, probably pretty sick too. I will
sacrifice myself to save you from a horrendous fate. Trust me on this, I
wouldn't lie to you.

So.... ummmmmmm, are you convinced, ya want my address? ~blink,blink~

Val