Old 06-04-2003, 02:32 AM
Rod

Default removing kikuyu grass

"Jerome Morrow" wrote in message
What's the best way of removing kikuyu grass?

Our back lawn is covered with the stuff. Its too invasive and I thought of
replacing it with buffalo grass.

Cheers!

I had a grassed area of buffalo that was contaminated with Kikuyu. Last June
I hit it with Round up and all the grass died well at least the buffalo did
and the Kikuyu appeared to but in about 3 months the Kikuyu had reappeared
so I sprayed it again and it died. Then about 2months later Kikuyu started
to reappear so I sprayed it again .

It had now taken 4 sprayings with roundup and it may need a few more to get
rid of what I assume to be dormant seeds germinating.

Has anyone come across this before and how did you get rid of the Kikuyu for
good?