Old 22-05-2008, 06:46 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Billy[_4_] Billy[_4_] is offline

Default How long does it take for seeds to sprout?

In article ,
General Schvantzkopf wrote:

I have set up an automatic sprinkling system that waters the gardens for
10 minutes before dawn and 10 minutes after sunset.

I wouldn't water in the evening because that will cool the soil for the
night. Water extra in the morning, if you need to, when the sun will
re-warm the soil.

My tomato and strawberry plants (planted from flats not seeds) are doing
fine with the exception of a couple of rows that appear to have been
eaten by somebody.

Yikes! Only a couple of rows? When were you going to panic? Are we
taking rolly pollies, snails, or rabbits?

I like tomato cages wrapped with chicken wire for large problems,
like my curious pets, iron (ferric) phosphate for gastropods, and
sets for rolly pollies and earwigs.
--

Billy
Bush Behind Bars