Old 28-05-2008, 12:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy Janet Tweedy is offline

Default Gardeners World presenter?

In article
,
Dave Poole writes
Yes, he did some work on Channel 4 in the days when they produced
rather high quality gardening programmes. Very enthusiastic and
gushing if I remember rightly. Nevertheless, his pieces were well
researched and it was obvious that he had more than an inkling of his
subject matter. I'm surprised he didn't migrate to the BBC, because
his likeability factor and presentational skills far exceeded many of
the GW crowd.

He did the series on favourite flowers and his was the poppy. He had a
strong Scottish accent I believe but yes he was likeable and must have a
bit more gravitas now.!

Maybe the powers that be are reading our emails and might consider him?
He writs for the Sunday mail in Scotland.
Link to his photo which might stir a few grey cells.
http://www.sundaymail.co.uk/lifestyl...ning/bill-chud
ziak/

--
Janet Tweedy