Old 06-04-2003, 03:20 PM
Elegant Embroidery

Default removing kikuyu grass

"Jerome Morrow" wrote in message
What's the best way of removing kikuyu grass?

Learn to love kikuyu. It is easier and a whole lot less traumatic than
trying to rid yourself of this evil. My back lawn has slowly shrunk over 20
years to a small area, and the whole thing is infested with kikuyu. I have
dug, I have poisoned, I have sworn and cursed, I have deprived it of water,
still it prevails. The only things I have not tried are goats and pigs (a
little to bucolic for the inner suburbs of Perth). I now content my self
with controlling its invasive tendencies by dousing offending shoots in the
paving with glyphosate at every opportunity. I am also told it is near on
impossible to get rid of in sandy soils as it has a root system second to
none.

Joanne