Old 15-06-2008, 07:53 PM posted to rec.gardens
SteveB[_6_] SteveB[_6_] is offline

Default How to prevent worms in apples

Here is yet another apple tree question. My old apple tree has a bazillion
apples on it. Question: Exactly what do I do to it to keep worms from
eating
the apples? Every year, almost every apple has one or more worms in it. Is
there a spray that can be safely used? And - here is the important
question
that I haven't found an answer to - exactly how do I go about applying it,
IE what equipment do I need? This tree is 30-40 feet tall, and 30+ feet
across, it's quite large. My wife bought me a hand sprayer (bless her soul
LOL), but it isn't quite up to the task. How do I spray a huge apple tree?

Many worms lay their eggs in the flowers, and the worms eat their way OUT of
the apple. Noting can be done after the fruit sets.

Steve