Old 17-06-2008, 06:15 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Sowing more than one seed in a hole

wrote in news:8556166e-3c40-4219-bb7e-0cd83a237665
@z72g2000hsb.googlegroups.com:

But you are saying that I do have to (or should) remove one of the
plants? Correct? I'm guessing yes.

That's exactly what thinning is. Most seed packets tell you to plant way
more than you need, and then after a month or so thin the seedlings to a
different spacing.

IMO, that's a waste of seed, but it's a long established practice.

Puckdropper