Old 26-07-2008, 03:00 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Wil Wil is offline

Default Green catapillars eating my basil and lettuce leaves.

On Jul 26, 2:39*am, "David Hare-Scott" wrote:
"Wil" wrote in message

Green catapillars are eating my basil and lettuce leaves. *I haven't
usd any pesticides. *What are they and any suggestions? *I'm in DC
zone 6 I believe. *I lost the link to the zone chart.

I found one green cat eating the leaves of my basil a couple of days
ago and found one eating my lettuce leaves this morning. *I took them
out and put them on weeds by the fence hoping they'll eat those. lol

Thanks,
Wil

The best thing for grubs is BT (bacillus thuringiensus) (spelling?) also known
as dipel and probably other names. *It is non toxic and specific to grubs.

David

By best for them do you mean like health food is best for human? lol

BT, is this an insecticide? Is it liquid to be sprayed on the
plants? Is it powder or grainular to be spread on the soil? Is it
toxic to human? Can I eat my vegies shortly after application? I'm
very new to all this.

Thanks,
WIl