Old 02-08-2008, 01:19 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Von Fourche Von Fourche is offline

Default How Long Till Roundup Works?

"SteveB" wrote in message
Von Fourche wrote:

I bought some Roundup weed killer yesterday. I sprayed a part of the
fence line. How many days does it take for it to kill the weeds? I
am hoping Roundup would first kill the weeds, then I would take a
weed-eater to them in a week or two after Roundup does its job.

Also, I bought some Roundup Poison Ivy killer and sprayed some Ivy
that is growing on a tree. Will that stuff actually kill the Poison
Ivy for the summer?

I find Roundup takes 1 - 2 weeks to completely kill the plants it's
going to kill. The ones it won't kill take much longer. :-)

A second application is required for some weeds. The label tells you
how.

I saw some Roundup at the local store for around $40.00 I think. Is that
super powerful Roundup or something?

Is the Roundup Poison Ivy killer any different than regular Roundup? I
bought both last week. I sprayed regular Roundup on some of the fence line
and it killed most of the weeks nicely. I sprayed the Poison Ivy killer on
a couple of trees that have Poison Ivy growing on it and the leaves have
wilted and died. I think the Roundup Poison Ivy killer says it is for
Poison Ivy/Oak and tuff weeks/brush.