Old 25-08-2008, 06:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Dividing / Relocating Crocosmia.

On Aug 25, 1:27*pm, "Pete C" wrote:
Judith in France wrote:
On Aug 24, 10:52 am, K wrote:
Gordon H writes

know Crocosmia are a bit of a joke really, but I am becoming a lazy
gardener in my old age, and keeping the borders clear of grass and
weeds is becoming an effort. :-(

They went through a period of deep unpopularity, but nowadays there
are varieties with flowers (often larger than the original) in all
shades from yellow through to rich red.

They're well worth growing for colour at this time of year, when a
lot of other thing have gone over. And the stems continue to be
attractive even when the flowers are over.
--
Kay

They certainly are Kay, I have a huge splash of red in the garden with
the C.Lucifer. *I have divided them for neighbours, planted them in
other areas, but still they multiply, saying that, I would not be
without them, they are ginormous.

Judith

Any chance of some corms when you come over next?
--
Pete C
London UK- Hide quoted text -

Absolutely Pete, you gave me my beloved Bluebells, so it's corms for
you. I will be back erly September, we can arrange on how to get them
to you.

Judith