Old 25-08-2008, 11:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default Dividing / Relocating Crocosmia.

On 25/8/08 20:26, in article ,
"AriesVal" wrote:

On Mon, 25 Aug 2008 18:15:13 +0100, Sacha wrote:

The seed heads are beautiful and I use them in a mixed vase of autumnal
flowers. Don't just cut them down and chuck them - think of Harvest
Festival etc!

I always think Harvest Festival is too late for me - most of my crops have
gone over by then

You can keep and dry off Hydrangea heads if you pick them on a dry day -
first you have to find the dry day! You can take the leaves off the
Crocosmia and use the seed heads and Tricyrtis seem to be doing their thing
when we get to that point round here.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com