Old 01-09-2008, 02:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
jal jal is offline

Default Rhubarb: transplanting advice

Anyone got advice for sharing a rhubarb plant?

3 or 4 colleagues at work expressed an interest when I offered to split
and share our giant rhubarb plant.

I split off some roots about 4 weeks ago and planted them in large pots,
in a mix of soil, all-purpose compost, and a smidgin of 6X.

The resulting plants *seem* ok, in that the couple of leaves that were
attached remain reasonably healthy looking, though no new shoots have
appeared. (But yes, I know rhubarb is on the way out by this time of
year.)

I'm going to pass on these pots in a few days, but I'm wondering if my
colleagues will ultimately be disappointed: does anyone have any further
comments on what I should do or should have done?

Last question: can rhubarb be grown successfully in a pot (one colleague
asked).

cheers
john