Old 31-10-2008, 03:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alan Alan is offline

Default engine running fast...Briggs and stratton 35 classic petrol

In message , S
wrote
(Briggs and stratton 35 classic petrol )

Following on from my previous post regarding flywheel removal and and
rebuild. I am pleased to say everything is back together and it starts,
however it seems to run much faster than it previously did, I don`t think
there is much room for adjustments to the carburetor so thinking maybe there
is something I haven`t put back together properly the only parts that I
might have got wrong are the 2 springs that are attached to the carb which I
think are something to do with it.
Anyone got any ideas or how these 2 springs should be located, or if
anything else could be causing this.

Any help appreciated.
thanks

Does this help?
http://www.amac.f2s.com/spring/index.htm
it's a slightly ***** spring but I believe it's in the correct place
(lawnmower scrapped as there is more rust than metal).

make sure that the triangular bit that the wire link fits into moves
freely and its easy to get it the wrong side of the end stop lug (which
should be in the middle

--
Alan
news2006 {at} amac {dot} f2s {dot} com