Old 31-10-2008, 07:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default engine running fast...Briggs and stratton 35 classic petrol

On Fri, 31 Oct 2008 17:57:56 +0000, Alan wrote:

My guess is that spring 2 lives somewhere else

Yes it doesn't "look right" just hooked on the the end of the lever from
the fan paddle. If there was notch for it to it in it would be different
but there is nothing to stop it wandering about.

Begger it I've been out. The left hand end of spring 2 should be in the
loop of the linkage along with the left hand end of spring 1. My spring 2
has long closed loops at each end and is very sloppy without the engine
running.

--
Cheers
Dave.