Old 03-11-2008, 05:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible
Gary Woods Gary Woods is offline

Default Garlic/onion frost damage

Sheldon wrote:

And you, Hobden, are obviously a newbie.

On behalf of U.S. gardeners not too far north of Sheldon, I wish to
apologise. People ought not to AssUMe.
I did notice the crossposting, though most of the information is
international. The climate in the UK is _different_ than mine, which I'll
have pointed out in February when you folks have spring flowers, and I'm on
first-name terms with the fuel oil delivery man!
FWIW, my garlic sprouts at the same time as the crocus, though I will be
using some hay mulch this winter, which will likely delay it a bit.