Old 31-12-2008, 08:21 AM posted to aus.gardens
Jeßus[_6_] Jeßus[_6_] is offline

Default Roundup Zero effectiveness on Kikuyu grass lawn

On Wed, 31 Dec 2008 00:56:55 +1100, YMC wrote:

Hi,

I have one section of my garden which is covered with Kikuyu grass. I
want to kill all that grass using roundup and zero. How long must I use
it before I erradicate it 100% completely?

Impossible to say, so many variables involved, but the Kikuyu is bound to
bounce back here and there over time.

If the roundup is properly applied and at a good dose, I'd say it should
be looking rather dead within 3 weeks time.

If the Kikuyu hasn't had much water lately, I'd water it the day before
you plan to spray it, the plants don't seem to take up the glysophate
(sp?) as efficiently during prolonged bouts of dry weather in my
experience.

I've been able to reduce the recommended dose by a third if the previous
day was wet, and the following day is drizzly and overcast, or has very
light rain. Perfect conditions to apply roundup...

--
"Some days we don't let the line move at all. We call those weekdays"
Patty and Selma Bouvier, 1996