Old 18-02-2009, 06:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Vinegar weedkiller?

In article ,
Tim W wrote:

Did I read somewhere that vinegar makes an effective and safe weedkiller?

You did. You also apparently believed it.

I bought a gallon of clear 'spiced non brewed condiment' today for £2 thinking
I would use it on the cobbles where the cats come through the cat flap or
the paths around the vegetable beds. Anybody want to warn me of the
unforseen?

Nah. We can foresee what will happen quite easily :-)

The only harmful consequences to you are 2 quid, a bit of time, and a
reek of that vile concoction for a day or two. You will discover its
effectiveness by experience ....

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.