Old 18-02-2009, 10:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider Spider is offline

Default Vinegar weedkiller?

"Tim W" wrote in message
om...
Did I read somewhere that vinegar makes an effective and safe weedkiller?
I bought a gallon of clear 'spiced non brewed condiment' today for £2
thinking I would use it on the cobbles where the cats come through the cat
flap or the paths around the vegetable beds. Anybody want to warn me of
the unforseen?

Tim W

I don't know how vinegar works as a weedkiller. Sorry. However, I'm almost
sure that 'non brewed condiment' isn't, strictly speaking, vinegar. My
understanding is that it is used in place of vinegar to prevent people
drinking vinegar, which *is* brewed and has some kind of kick (?alcoholic or
otherwise?) which lead to its being used as an abused substance. Hence the
'non-brewed' tag.

Spider