Old 20-03-2009, 02:54 PM
Dugald Dugald is offline
Registered User

Default Pre emergent herbicide in the UK?

Hi all,

My new garden has a terrible crabgrass infestation - I have around 20% grass and 80% crabgrass both on my front and back lawn!

I tried a 'moss killer' lawn product in the autumn that turned some patches brown but they soon bounced back. I read that a pre emergent herbicide was the best thing to use so I have bided my time until the spring approaches.

However, now when I come to try and buy a pre emergent herbicide I can't find them anywhere. I am in the UK. I can see lots of American products (surflan, Pendulum etc) that do the job but they are not sold here. Can anyone suggest a suitable product that is available in the UK?

Thanks, Dugald