Old 06-04-2009, 10:09 AM
Penny Evans Penny Evans is offline
Registered User

Location: York
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny Evans View Post
I bought a shed a few weeks ago from a website and it mentioned that the product came with a free factory-applied, water-based treatment. I paid seperately for what was called a 'high quality wood preservative' which was recommended. I can only assume that a water based treatment is possibly a light preserve to protect it in transit and that a thicker preservative will give it longevity. The description mentioned the bought preservative would help protect the wood from wood rot and fungal decay.

My husband applied one tub of the preservative for our 7x5 shed and he's satisfied that it will keep it looking nice and lasting for the foreseeable. So I would say, go for the spirit rather than the water-based.
I also forgot to mention, our preservative came in a choice of four colours so you can decorate and protect the shed at the same time. Ours is a lovely Ivy Green colour. It looks smashing next to the flowers.