Old 06-05-2009, 03:31 PM
robinfrance robinfrance is offline
Registered User

Location: Normandy, France

Hi Risk,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick... (The other Rick)[_2_] View Post
When you do that, pour the petrol in the tank into a glass jar and hold it up to the light.
When I had a similar problem, I found that the petrol contained very fine pieces of grass. I'm
guessing that the grass was fouling the filter on the carb.

Anyway, a good clean out and fresh petrol should solve your problem.
Thanks, I'll bear that in mind. Though I was hoping not to have to empty the fuel tank, as that would mean changing the oil again, and I've already changed it once... (Manual says not to tip the mower without draining the oil.)

Rob