Old 07-05-2009, 09:15 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Briggs & Stratton engine not running smoothly

On Wed, 6 May 2009 15:31:54 +0100, robinfrance wrote:

Thanks, I'll bear that in mind. Though I was hoping not to have to
empty the fuel tank, as that would mean changing the oil again, and
I've already changed it once... (Manual says not to tip the mower
without draining the oil.)

I think you'll find that the carb and fuel tank come away as a single unit
held onto the cylinder block with just a couple of bolts. Watch out for
the linkages/springs that connects to the vane under the fan cover that
regulates the engine speed according to load.

--
Cheers
Dave.