Old 26-05-2009, 06:36 PM
Nupender Nupender is offline
Registered User

[QUOTE
Who remembers Acta Bacta? Didn't that contain gypsum?

Pam in Bristol [/i][/color][/quote]

I remember Acta Bacta and have been trying to track it down for years. I found a leaflet inside my rather ancient copy of The RD Guide to Gardening and it has an address Easi-Gro Limited, Marlborough Road, Aldbourne, Wiltshire, SN8 2DD and an old telephone number 0672 40888 - not enough digits. It says in the leaflet that "the main ingredient of ACTA-BACTA is a natural organic substance so rich in humus that nearly 90% of its dry weight consists of humus particles in just hte right state for rapid incorporation in the soil. This explains its wonder-working properties - breaking up clay, improving soil texture, encouraging the useful soil organisms, holding moisture in dry weather, acting as a Bank for plant foods and so on."
I used to use in in my old garden and it was brilliant and now I have moved to very heavy sticky clay I would love to find it again. Can anyone help?