Old 27-05-2009, 06:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ed Ed is offline

Default Early potatoes, elapsed time from plant to harvest?

On 27/05/09 11:37, Jonathan Campbell wrote:
I planted a few Red Duke of York in pots, and indoors, on March 9th.
After a month or so, when abundant foliage had appeared, I put them
outside.

Any ideas when they should be ready to harvest. A book says elapsed time
plant to harvest of about 75 days for earlies --- which is about now
from the 9th March. However, the weather has been a little colder than
normal (I'm in North West Ireland).

I see flowers appearing on *other* Red Duke of Yorks that I planted
outside on 19th March, but none on the 9th March (pots) ones.

Best regards,

Jon C.

Out of interest,,,, why did you plant some of your spuddies in pots
before you put them outside?

Ed