Old 05-06-2009, 11:45 PM posted to rec.gardens
Bill who putters Bill who putters is offline

Default Does Tomato Blossom Set Spray Work???

In article
,
Billy wrote:

In article , "Kelly Greene"
wrote:

"hr(bob) " wrote in message
Saw an ad for Tomato Blossom Set Spray in this week's hardware
circular. I don't have any idea if it really works or not. Does
anyone have any first (or even second)-hand experience with this
stuff?

Bob Hofmann

A healthy outdoor tomato plant needs no spray to set fruit. The breeze will
do it.

http://gardening.about.com/od/organi...psom_Salts.htm

Do Epsom Salts Really Help Plants Grow Better?
Researchers have never been terribly impressed with the effects of Epsom
salts on plants.
(snip)
However, experienced gardeners have been swearing by Epsom salts for
years, and folk wisdom is often ahead of scientific study.
-----

I'll be trying it as soon as the night time temp gets above 55F.

We went with additions of things like Rock Phosphate, Green Sand,
Barber hair clippings etc. Soil amendments based on price and
availability. Encyclopedia of organic gardening has more details.

http://www.attra.org/attra-pub/altsoilamend.html

Bill with much rain washing in new milky spore.

--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

No foreign intervention unless tyranny at home.