Old 29-06-2009, 12:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
moghouse moghouse is offline

Default Herb or plant that repels flies?

On Jun 29, 11:00*am, David in Normandy
wrote:
Does anyone know of a herb or plant that can be rubbed onto the skin
that repels biting flies? I swatted four horse flies yesterday while
working in the garden. Luckily they seem fairly slow and clumsy and are
generally easy to swat before they take a bite. However, I still managed
to get a bite on my leg. I dislike having to wear jeans in the garden .........

Generally speaking, David, I think that naked gardening is to be
discouraged, but what you guys do in France........