Old 10-07-2009, 05:35 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
George[_10_] George[_10_] is offline

Default Can you re-use peat pellets?

On Wed, 8 Jul 2009 17:41:29 -0600, "Suzanne D."
wrote:

I have a bunch of peat pellets in which the seeds never germinated. They
are all dried out now. Are they okay to use them again, or should I just
remove the netting, crumble them up, and add them to the garden soil?
--S.

I just re-used some. They were from last year, and completely
dried-out. They worked OK: some stuff germinated, some hasn't yet.
About the same as usual, for us.

I can't say for sure about any particular pellet, but we often get a
slimy green mold in our trays - so, there's a good chance some were
'infected'. Nothing bad happened.