Old 12-07-2009, 06:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
aquachimp aquachimp is offline

Default Smelll of viburnum Tinus - I think

On Jul 12, 7:31*pm, "nnk" wrote:
Hi Folks

Moved into this house 3 years ago with a substantial front hedge of V tinus,
it had an awful case of viburnum beetle (id'ed from photos by someone here -
thank-you), in the morning and when the hedge was damp it gave off a
revolting smell - so much so I starting investigating the Drains. *Manage to
curb the beetle using an insecticide and the smell seemed to ease last year.
I've noticed the smell *more again this year but the beetle is not a visible
problem now.

Some questions - do all viburnum hedges smell? I dont know any others hence
asking here. *If not why is my hedge smelling and what can I do about it.