Old 13-08-2009, 12:39 PM
andy23 andy23 is offline
Registered User

Default petrol strimmer help

Hi.

Im new here and i am in need of some help!!

I come to start my petrol strimmer today and it starts but it struggles to tick over. it splutters and coughs trying its hardest to stay alive but then sadly dies. I took the spark plug out and noticed some black grainy residue on the bottom and it seems to be all over the piston, is this doomed or can i save it from the scrap heap its only 14-15 month old!!

It's my fault i left the petrol in it while storing it maybe thats the cause i dont know.

Oh its a 33cc spear and jackson brush cutter from argos.

any help truly appreciated thanks
andy.