Old 13-08-2009, 07:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default petrol strimmer help

On Thu, 13 Aug 2009 11:39:19 +0100, andy23 wrote:

I took the spark plug out and noticed some black grainy residue on the
bottom and it seems to be all over the piston, is this doomed or can i
save it from the scrap heap its only 14-15 month old!!

Well it tries to run so it ain't dead! Clean the plug and try some
fresh fuel/oil mix. The soot would indicate that perhaps there is too
much oil. Engines do vary most seem to be 50:1 but my Ryobi strimmer
take 20:1 but does smoke a bit, I might try reducing it.

Also how you use the throttle might be influencial, it's an on/off
switch not really a variable control.

--
Cheers
Dave.