Old 14-08-2009, 03:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ted[_4_] Ted[_4_] is offline

Default petrol strimmer help

andy23 wrote:
Hi.

Im new here and i am in need of some help!!

I come to start my petrol strimmer today and it starts but it struggles
to tick over. it splutters and coughs trying its hardest to stay alive
but then sadly dies. I took the spark plug out and noticed some black
grainy residue on the bottom and it seems to be all over the piston, is
this doomed or can i save it from the scrap heap its only 14-15 month
old!!

It's my fault i left the petrol in it while storing it maybe thats the
cause i dont know.

Oh its a 33cc spear and jackson brush cutter from argos.

any help truly appreciated thanks
andy.

Have you tried Bradex Easy start ?...Any m/cycle shop will have it..
A quick squirt into the carb and my Ryobi will start first pull...
Think there are other makes of 2stroke starters but this is the one
I use...

--
Regards
Ted Wager