Old 28-01-2010, 01:03 AM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.gardening

Default Leylandii for burning?

In article ,
John L writes:
Cross-posted to DIY and to Gardening:

A bit late to ask because I've just finished sawing up about half a ton!
However there is another ton to come.

What's leylandii like as a fuel (open fire, and/or wood burner)?

I'm not intending using it until next winter.

A friend burned a very large pile of Leylandii clippings.
Brilliant bonfire, followed by a sodding great insurance
claim to have various neighbours' cars repainted, including
one brand new one. The ash destroys modern car paintwork.

--
Andrew Gabriel